AMANDA CHARCHIAN


Artist Amanda Charchian lives and works in Los Angeles                                          











What cameras do you use?
 Mostly 35mm ones and medium format cameras I find in thrift stores, estate sales and flea markets. I love the mystery in each camera’s personality and the unpredictable nature of film. My favorites are a Mamiya C330 for multiple exposures, Canon AE-1, Canon EOS-1, Yashinca T4 and a Contax T2.(post-new.com)








Who or what inspires you?
Mystery, the occult sciences, surrealism, women, and the inextricable relationship between dark and light. But first and foremost light would be my main inspiration. Photography is a light based medium, and I do that pretty incessantly. But when I need a more meditative and slow moving aspect of my practice, I also make crystal sculptures that use sunlight to creates thousands of prismatic light reflections in its circumference.(huhmagazine.co.uk)





Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen